Taking responsibility for my own healing takes work. I am not so sure I want to work that hard. It is so much easier to shift the responsibility elsewhere.
Here are some ways we shift our responsibility:
- Heredity: Everyone in my family has (….)
- Doctors: My doctor said (…) is expected at my age. My doctor said there is no cure for my (…) My doctor said my numbers are higher than she’d like for them to be so I need medication.
- Age: I am getting up there in age.
- Gender: Women are supposed to get (…) All my friends have it.
- Give up: I am just too tired to try to heal; it is easier to take my medication.